Ursula is not just any character from Disney’s treasure trove. As the formidable antagonist of 1989’s ‘The Little Mermaid,’ she’s a sea witch who cunningly strikes deals with innocent merfolk, promising to grant their deepest wishes. However, her contracts, masterfully designed to further her ambitions, spell doom for those who dare to engage. Previously a resident of King Triton’s opulent palace, Ursula’s banishment has fueled her desire for vengeance, compelling her to seek the power of Triton’s trident and rule the entire ocean realm. In this tutorial, we will show you how to draw Ursula by following 11 simple steps.
Sketching Ursula: Key Appearance Aspects
- Ursula’s Form: A stunning blend of human and octopus, Ursula is a cecaelia.
- Facial Features: Light lavender skin, gray eyes, and a characteristic mole near her mouth set her apart.
- Attire: Always impeccably dressed, Ursula sports makeup, including aqua blue eye shadow and deep red lipstick.
About the Guide
For those eager to capture Ursula’s essence on paper, our guide offers a detailed 11-step tutorial. It uses a unique color-coding system for better clarity:
- Red Color: Represents the current drawing step.
- Black Color: Displays previously drawn lines.
- Grey Color: Demonstrates the basic proportion sketch.
The first step emphasizes the importance of creating a basic sketch using light pencil strokes, laying the foundation for the drawing. Towards the end, artists can opt to ink their sketch. Remember to let the ink dry before erasing the pencil marks, ensuring a clean and sharp final piece.
As you embark on this artistic journey to learn how to draw Ursula, remember that every sketch has its unique charm. Celebrate your progress and don’t hesitate to share your masterpiece with others. By sharing the link to our guide, you help fellow artists discover our resources. If you’ve found value in our tutorials, consider donating. Your contributions enable us to craft more guides and take your suggestions for future tutorials. Keep the SketchOk project alive by connecting with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Your support fuels our passion!